The best ergonomic barcode palm scanner in industrial quality
ACD Group’s HasciSE backhand scanners are the next step in ergonomic, high-performance mobile logistics equipment. Our wearable scanning devices scan barcodes and offer faster order processing capabilities because of their easy mobility and usage. Much like wrist scanners, these devices offer more mobility and flexibility than traditional barcode scanners, which enhances overall productivity.
Backhand vs. Wrist Barcode Scanners
Ring, backhand, wrist, and finger barcode scanners are all designed with wearability and functionality in mind. These three designs often share similar functions, such as hands-free barcode scanning, Bluetooth connectivity, and scan triggering via button, finger switch and proximity sensor; however, backhand scanners offer distinct advantages.
The HasciSE backhand scanner can be easily mounted onto the back of the hand with the available hand cuff or strap. This makes the devices easy to wear and use with minimal error, discomfort, or risk of repetitive stress injuries. Scan triggering is accomplished via a durable button and a configurable infrared proximity sensor. Other advantages of the HasciSE backhand scanner model include:
- A compact design. Our backhand scanners fit in a glove on the back of the wearer’s hand without extending over their wrists or fingers to allow a full range of motion. This also allows wearers to naturally grip objects and use handheld tools. The robust snap fasteners ensure a secure connection to the glove.
- Versatile attachment methods. In addition to the backhand glove attachment, users can attach the HasciSE scanner via strap to logistics equipment, or use a clip to attach to clothing.
- A lightweight form. Every scanner is lightweight, which allows for easy wearing and minimal risk of muscle injury.
- Easy setup and use. Our device controls and settings make setup, daily use, and reconfiguring easy for users. The HasciSE backhand scanner is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 and higher devices, and it offers easy Bluetooth pairing via the ACD EasyToConnect 2.0 app.
- The device can also integrate with other ACD logistics technology, including Mobile Handheld Computer, Vehicle Mount Terminals and the Voxter® Elite+ voice controlled picking system.
Applications for Backhand Scanners
Backhand scanners are ideal for any commercial or industrial application that requires users to take repetitive, fast scanning actions throughout the day. Some of the most popular applications for wearable scanners include:
- Inventory management
- Picking operations in warehouses and eCommerce fulfillment centers
- Processing orders in receiving or shipping departments
- Replenishment processes
HasciSE backhand scanners are built for use in a wide range of industries including warehouse management, manufacturing, fulfillment centers, industrial facilities, and more.
Backhand Scanners From ACD Group
Wearable devices are an essential technology for inventory and order fulfillment processes. While many handheld scanners also offer wireless communication, wearable designs such as wrist scanners offer better utility and productivity. Our HasciSE backhand scanners are even more advantageous because of their small, lightweight design, which allows for faster processing and a full range of motion for wearers.
If you’re looking for wearable scanning devices that offer Bluetooth connectivity and better process management, contact us today to learn more about our devices’ designs and capabilities.